Plan B For Storm

Right now, 4 pm on Tuesday, August 10, there’s a strong thunder storm passing through Three Rivers State Park in Sneads, FL. Tent walls flexing in and out in the gusty wind, but I’ve got the tent staked down on the corners of the base and guy ropes higher up. Glad I’ve got the “optional” rain fly installed over the top of the tent. I’m comfortable and dry, though. Love the sound of the rain. People who live in sticks and bricks don’t appreciate it like we who have lived in houses with tin roofs like in Panama, or spent time in tents and boats.

Nothing has changed much in the forecast of the tropical “disturbance” raining all over the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico right now. While it’s expected to become a tropical storm within the next 24 hours I’m unsure about what’s going to happen with my reservation at the Suwannee River State Park. Will they cancel everyone? How would be get refunds if they did? Would they give us credit for staying at a later date? I haven’t the slightest idea. But the way the predictions are now. it will just be a lot of rain and some wind for us there on the river. I sure wouldn’t want to ride it out in this tent, though. Glad I’ve got the bed in the SUV. Kind of cramped if I had to spend a couple of days in it full time, I admit. But, hey!

If, for some reason I have to abandon the park I’ve thought about an alternative. Seeing as how the projected path, for now, anyway, is thought to be out in the Gulf a bit there shouldn’t be too much effect back up around Savannah, Georgia and I’d go camp out at the Houlihan Boat Ramp as I did a week or so ago. Was a nice place and it’s only about a four hour drive away from the Stephen Foster State Park. Easy Peasy. That’s my Plan B for now.

Comments Off on Plan B For Storm

Filed under Uncategorized

Comments are closed.